Usi //Hoebeb holds a BA Arts degree (specialising in English, Politics and History) from Leicester Polytechnic (now De Montfordt University) in the United Kingdom. He started his working career as a presenter on BBC Radio Sheffield, UK whereafter he joined the NBC in 1991 and served in various broadcast journalism capacities. He has been in the public relations industry since 1994 when he joined TransNamib and was responsible for the launch of Namibia’s unique rail experience, the Desert Express. He has vast experience in developing effective public relations strategies for both the public and private sectors which include inter alia, SWABOU, SANLAM, NRSC, Skorpion Zinc to name a few.
Usi has also developed communications strategies recently for :
- International companies such as China Harbour Engineering Company (CHEC);
- International organizations such as the United Nation’s Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO);
- Private-sector companies such as Old Mutual Namibia, Skorpion Zinc Mine and Navachab Gold Mine;
- State-owned enterprises such as Namibia Airports Company (NAC); Namibian College for Open Learning (NAMCOL) and Namib Desert Diamonds (NAMDIA)
- Government Ministries such as the Ministry of Agriculture, Water and Forestry’s Co-operatives Division
Usi has served as Communications consultant/Manager for various conferences and expos including the Agriculture Investment Conference, the Water Investment Conference, the Namibia Aids Conference 2016, the Made in Namibia Expo and the Erongo Business Expo.
He was co-principal in the conference co-ordination and management of the 8th SCCA Conference held in Namibia in July 2014 and served as the brand manager for Jezreel Communication’s engagement with the Electoral Commission of Namibia’s (ECN) branding and event management for the National Elections 2014.